Two-Pack: Accustar Alpha Track Test Kit AT 100
Click Image for Gallery
How it Works - The 3-12 month Alpha Track radon test kit is a diffusion-based track detector. The current improved design filters out dust and radon progeny through a structural filter that is an integral part of the housing, resulting in increased sturdiness. The housing is injection molded from electrically conducting plastic in order to minimize electrical charge effects from the positively charged radon progeny generated inside the detector. The hemispherical base is designed to maximize sensitivity and create a more uniform track distribution for better counting statistics. The track detector foil inside the housing is from dosimetry-grade CR-39 cast specifically for our Laboratory. The sheets of CR-39 are laser cut and engraved with a unique batch number. Each batch is calibrated and receives its own calibration factor. All sheets are also checked for background tracks. Accustar Labs is the only Radon Testing Lab in the United States to use electrochemical etching to process its alpha track foils which are subsequently counted with computer-aided image analysis equipment. This kind of system was found superior to chemically etched alpha track radon testing. All test kit foils are counted using a computer-aided image analysis system. Closed house conditions are not necessary during a long term test. Leave the test device exposed for 91 days to 12 months under normal living conditions. Becasue of this unique and accurate testing process, please allow up to 10 business days (after the Lab receives your kit) to obtain results. Returns: ALL SALES ARE FINAL. No returns will be accepted for these lab test kits. Should for any reason the lab test is not conducted within 2 weeks, you will receive a full refund. The U.S. EPA has verified this product for accurate radon measurement. NELAP, NEHA & NRPP listed.
- Rated #1 by a leading National Consumer Advocacy Group. The U.S. EPA has verified this product for accurate radon measurement.
- Easy Testing: Simply remove testing device from sealed pouch and expose to the air for 3 months to 1 year.
- When test is completed, return each test kit to Lab in 2 individual pre-addressed postage paid envelope along with enclosed data sheet for each test kit
- Accustar Labs is the only Radon Testing Lab in the U.S. to use electrochemical etching to process its alpha track foils which are subsequently counted with computer-aided image analysis equipment.
- Includes Two Test Results & Two Prepaid Return Shipping Envelopes.