Outsidepride Creeping Red Fine Fescue Lawn Grass Seed - 10 LB
Click Image for Gallery
Outsidepride Creeping Red Fine Fescue Lawn Grass Seed - 10 LBCreeping red fescue grass is adapted to cool, temperate climates. It requires more moisture than hard fescue or sheep fescue, and prefers a pH of 5.5 to 6.5 but can survive considerable acidity. It can be grown as a dryland cover crop in coastal regions or other areas with average annual precipitation greater than 18 inches. Elsewhere, it will produce better yields if grown under irrigation. Creeping red fescue grass is climatically adapted to all of the major land resource regions that receive adequate moisture and have well-drained soils. It thrives in sun or shade. Creeping red fescue is distributed from the western to the eastern U.S.
- Creeping red fescue is a fine bladed grass often used in cool climates and for shady areas
- One of the few grasses that fills in bare spots by spreading rhizomes
- Very soft grass to walk on
- Can grow in full sun in the transition zone and northern part of the U.S.
- Seeding rate: 4 - 5 lbs per 1,000 square feet