Natural Factors - Vitamin B12 Methylcobalamin 5000mcg, Support for...
Click Image for Gallery
The methylcobalamin form, available in this convenient chewable tablet, is the most active form of vitamin B12 and is shown to have advantages over cyanocobalamin and all other forms of B12, including injections. It absorbs as readily, but keeps blood levels high. Injections provide a B12 surge, followed by a drop to a plateau level. Methylcobalamin is active immediately upon absorption as compared to cyanocobalamin that must first be converted to methylcobalamin by the body. Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin necessary for energy production; for nervous system function as it is needed to produce myelin, the fatty substance that forms a protective sheath around nerves; for the production of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that helps with memory and learning; for the synthesis of red blood cells; for producing the genetic materials, DNA and RNA. Vitamin B12 is primarily in animal-source foods and may be deficient in strict vegetarian diets. Vitamin B12 works with folic acid to control homocysteine levels.
- BYE-BYE NEEDLES: Many people receive vitamin B12 in an injectable form, but now, Vitamin B12 Methylcobalamin from Natural Factors offers a chewable tablet alternative.
- HIGH ABSORPTION: Methylcobalamin is active immediately upon absorption as compared to cyanocobalamin that must first be converted to methylcobalamin by the body.
- ENERGY BOOST: Vitamin B12 aids in the production of red blood cells, which carry oxygen throughout the body. More red blood cells means more oxygen, which may increase your energy levels.
- GREAT FOR VEGETARIANS: Vitamin B12 is found primarily in animal-source foods and may be lacking in strict vegetarian diets.
- OUR PRIVILEGE, OUR PASSION: Today, Natural Factors is one of the largest manufacturers of nutritional products in North America. But our origins reach back to the 1950s, and right from day one, we've always been fully committed to making products right. We are not a public company with shareholders to impress. Instead, we care about impressing you.