THE SCIENCE OF PERFECT 10 HAIR COLOR
An exclusive advanced color crème formula with micropearls delivers color in less time* and with less damage. And it gives you high gloss hair color with flawless gray coverage.
This breakthrough technology is the biggest advance in hair color in 50 years—it has 18 patents applied for and received the Royal Society of Chemistry Teamwork in Innovation Award. And it created the one and only Perfect 10.
"The development of Perfect 10 is the greatest
advancement for hair color in 50 years."
Frauke Neuser Clairol research and development expert HOW PERFECT 10 WORKS
Clairol research and development expert Frauke Neuser answers some frequently asked questions:
BEFORE YOU COLOR: 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE
- Take the ALLERGY TEST.
- Do the STRAND TEST to determine your optimal coloring time.
- Read this entire instruction leaflet before you begin.
IMPORTANT: SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
HAIR COLORANTS CAN CAUSE ALLERGIC REACTIONS WHICH IN RARE INSTANCES CAN BE SEVERE. TATTOOS MAY INCREASE YOUR RISK OF ALLERGY, TO REDUCE YOUR RISK FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
1. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT AT ALL IF:
- You have already experienced any reaction to coloring products.
- You have sensitive, irritated or damaged scalp.
In these cases do not conduct the skin allergy test and consult a doctor before using any haircolor product.
2. PERFORM A SKIN ALLERGY TEST 48 HOURS BEFORE EACH PRODUCT USE even if you have already used coloring products before.
SKIN ALLERGY TEST INSTRUCTIONS MUST BE PERFORMED 48 HOURS BEFORE YOU COLOR YOUR HAIR:
You will need a cotton ball or swab, a plastic bowl and a plastic spoon.
- To open, unscrew the entire Color Activating Crème cap (2).
- Then open the Color Crème tube (1). Unscrew cap and turn it upside down. Hold firmly without squeezing and point the opening away from your face. Push the pointed end of the cap into the seal.
- Mix small, equal parts of Color Crème (1) and Color Activating Crème (2) in a plastic bowl.
- Tightly recap Color Activating Crème bottle (2) and the Color Crème (1).
- Apply mixture to a test area the size of a quarter in the bend of your elbow. Allow to dry. Use remaining mixture for Strand Test. Do not wash this area for 48 hours. During washing, protect with an adhesive bandage and remove it immediately after washing.
- Examine the test area during the next 48 hours. If no reaction occurs, you are ready to color. The absence of reaction to this test is no guarantee that an allergic reaction may not occur as a result of a future haircoloring process. However, this test represents an important precaution. Please consult a doctor if you have any doubts.
NOTE: IF A RASH, REDNESS, BURNING OR ITCHING OCCURS YOU MAY BE ALLERGIC. STOP. YOU MUST NOT USE THIS PRODUCT.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A REACTION DURING OR WITHIN THE NEXT 48 HOURS OF COLORING YOUR HAIR IF DURING COLORING YOU EXPERIENCE:
- Any stinging or burning and/or rash, rinse immediately and discontinue use as this may be an indication of a more serious reaction. DO NOT color your hair again before consulting a doctor or seeking medical advice.
- Rapidly spreading skin rash, dizziness or faintness, shortness of breath and/or swelling eyes/face, rinse immediately and SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION. IF AFTER COLORING OR ON THE FOLLOWING DAYS YOU EXPERIENCE problems, such as skin itching, skin rash, swelling to eyes/face, blistering and/or skin or scalp weeping SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION.
Keep all haircoloring products out of reach of children.
- This product contains ingredients including hydrogen peroxide, which may cause severe eye irritation and possible permanent eye injury. If any product gets into your eye, flush immediately with a large amount of lukewarm water and seek medical advice.
- We recommend removing contact lenses before applying haircolor. If you must wear contact lenses during application and if any product gets into your eye, remove the lens first, then flush immediately with a large amount of lukewarm water and seek medical advice.
- Never use haircolor on eyebrows or eyelashes or if your scalp is irritated or injured.
- Do not inhale or ingest product.
- Do not use if your hair has been colored with henna or metal dyes.
- Prepare and use the product in a well-ventilated area. If you experience inhalation difficulties, move to fresh air.
- Remove all metal objects from hair before and during coloring.
- Wear gloves and rinse hair well after application.
- Keep product in a cool place away from heat and light. Do not mix this colorant with any other product. Do not keep any unused mixed product. Do not leave the mixture in a closed bottle (bottle may expand or burst).
- Product not intended to be used on children.
Do the Strand Test each time you color to determine optimal timing and color results. Perms, relaxers, previous color, and the sun can affect your results and timing.
You will need: scissors, tape and a clock.
- Cut a ¼ inch wide strand from the darkest or grayest part of your dry hair close to the scalp and tape at the cut end.
- Completely cover the hair strand with the mixture remaining from the Allergy Test. Start timing.
- After 5 minutes, check the strand. If the strand is not the color you want, return it to the mixture and check the color every few minutes for up to 15 minutes. Perfect 10 is designed to work in 10 minutes or up to 15 minutes for resistant grays.
Fill in your personal color time below: My timing for desired color: _______ minutes.
COLOR HINTS & TIPS
- Apply color to dry hair that is free of styling product build-up. If hair has build-up, shampoo one day prior to coloring. Do not shampoo immediately before coloring. Your scalp has natural oils that help to protect it during the coloring process.
- If any color gets on your skin or household surface, wipe it off immediately with a damp towel.
- Use the ColorSeal Intensive Conditioning Crème only once a week. It has been designed to give you long-lasting benefits. For best results use an amount the size of a quarter per application.
- If your hair has been recently permed or relaxed, wait at least7 days and 1 shampoo before coloring. Do the Strand Test since your timing may need to be reduced. If you plan to perm or relax your hair, wait at least 7 days and 1 shampoo after coloring.
- If you've used a gradual color restorer, henna, or metallic dyes, do not use this product until your hair has grown out and colored areas have been cut off.