AmScope M200B-MS-LED Cordless Compound Monocular Microscope, WF10x...
The AmScope M200B-MS-LED cordless monocular compound microscope has interchangeable 10x widefield and 20x widefield eyepieces, a forward-facing nosepiece with three DIN achromatic objectives, LED illumination, coaxial coarse and fine focus, a 0.65 NA single-lens condenser, and a plain stage. The monocular viewing head has a fixed 45-degree vertical inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, and 360-degree rotation capability to enable sharing. The forward-facing revolving nosepiece has 4x, 10x, and 40xS DIN achromatic objectives that provide color correction of magnified images. The 40xS objective is spring loaded to prevent damage to the slide or objective when focusing. A compound microscope is used for inspection and dissection of specimens when two-dimensional images are desired.
The microscope has lower (diascopic) Brightfield illumination that transmits light up through the specimen for enhanced visibility of translucent and transparent objects. Brightfield (BF) illumination allows the specimen to absorb light, resulting in a dark image on a light background. LED illumination provides bright, cool light for working with temperature-sensitive or live specimens, and a rheostat controls the amount of light emanating from the lamp. The 0.65 NA single-lens condenser and disc diaphragm optimize the amount of light illuminating the specimen. The mechanical stage, with 1mm stage divisions, locks the slide into place and provides precise slide manipulation along the X- and Y-axis to allow coordinates to be recorded, enabling the viewer to return to a specific location on the slide. Separate coaxial coarse and fine focus eases focusing for left- and right-handed viewers, and a rack-and-pinion mechanism provides precise and secure focusing. All the mechanical parts of the microscope are constructed of metal to provide durability and resistance to wear. The cast-alloy metal frame has a stain-resistant enamel finish for durability and to ease cleaning. The microscope can be powered by 110V power supply or three AA batteries (included).
|Lenses||10x, 20x, 40xS DIN achromatic|
|Stage||Mechanical, with 1mm stage divisions|
|Focus||Coaxial coarse and fine|
|Condenser||Single lens, 0.65 NA|
|Light source||LED with rheostat|
|Illumination type||Brightfield (BF)|
|Power||110V, or three AA batteries|
|Overall dimensions||15 x 5-1/8 x 7-1/2 inches (H x W x D)|
H is height, the vertical distance from the lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.
Microscopes are instruments used to enhance the resolution of an object or image. Types include compound, stereo, or digital. Compound microscopes use a compound optical system with an objective lens and an eyepiece. Stereo microscopes show object depth in a three-dimensional image. Digital microscopes are used to display an image on a monitor, rather than looking through a lens. Microscopes can have monocular (one), binocular (two), or trinocular (three) eyepieces, with varying magnification abilities. Magnification ability refers to the size of an image. Resolution, also known as resolvant power, refers to the clarity of the image. The interaction between field of view (FOV), numerical aperture (NA), and working distance (WD) determines resolution. Microscopes can control magnification through a fixed focus, or through a range of adjustments. They can also utilize LED, fluorescent, and mirror light sources to help control viewing capabilities. Microscopes are widely used in education, lab research, biology, metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, manufacturing, and in the medical, forensic science, and veterinary industries.
United Scope manufactures microscopy equipment and accessories under the brand name AmScope. The company, founded in 1996, is headquartered in Irvine, CA.
What's in the Box?
- AmScope M200B compound microscope with mechanical stage
- WF10x eyepiece
- WF20x eyepiece
- 4x DIN achromatic objective
- 10x DIN achromatic objective
- 40xS DIN achromatic objective
- (3) Rechargeable AA batteries
- (2) Stage clips
- Dust cover
- Cordless compound microscope provides high magnification for biological use and educational applications
- Monocular viewing head with interchangeable 10x widefield and 20x widefield eyepieces, fixed 45-degree vertical inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, and 360-degree rotation capability to provide a more comprehensive view and enable sharing
- Forward-facing nosepiece with precision-ground 4x, 10x, and 40xS DIN achromatic glass objectives provide color correction of magnified images
- LED illumination with rheostat and 0.65 NA single-lens condenser with disc diaphragm control light brightness and focus
- Mechanical stage, with 1.0mm stage divisions, locks slide into place and provides precise slide manipulation along the X- and Y-axis to allow coordinates to be recorded, enabling the viewer to return to a specific location on the slide