AmScope M150C-PS25-WM Compound Monocular Microscope, WF10x and WF2...
The AmScope M150C-PS25-WM monocular compound microscope has interchangeable 10x widefield and 25x widefield eyepieces, a forward-facing nosepiece with three DIN achromatic objectives, LED illumination, a 0.65 NA single-lens condenser, coaxial coarse and fine focus, and a plain stage. The forward-facing revolving nosepiece has 4x, 10x, and 40x DIN achromatic full-glass objectives that provide high-resolution color-corrected images. The monocular viewing head holds the WF10x or WF25x eyepiece on a fixed 45-degree vertical inclination to reduce eye and neck strain and has 360-degree rotation capability to provide a more comprehensive view and enable sharing. A compound microscope is used for inspection and dissection of specimens when two-dimensional images are desired.
The microscope has lower (diascopic) Brightfield illumination that transmits light up through the specimen for enhanced visibility of translucent and transparent objects. Brightfield (BF) illumination allows the specimen to absorb light, resulting in a dark image on a light background. LED illumination provides bright, cool light for working with temperature-sensitive or live specimens. The 0.65 NA single-lens condenser and disc diaphragm control the amount of light illuminating the specimen. The plain stage is 3-1/2 x 3-1/2 inches and has an opening for light transmission and stage clips to secure the slide or specimen in place while viewing. A stage stop prevents the stage or specimen from coming into contact with the objectives. Coaxial coarse and fine focus knobs are nested to speed focusing for left-and right-handed viewers. All mechanical components are constructed of metal for precision and durability, and the solid-metal frame has a stain-resistant enamel finish. The microscope is powered by a 110VAC adapter (included). The microscope includes the The World of the Microscope book and a set of 25 prepared slides of a variety of plants, animals, and minerals.
|Objectives||4X, 10x, 40x achromatic|
|Lighting configuration||Transmitted (lower)|
Microscopes are instruments used to enhance the resolution of an object or image. Types include compound, stereo, or digital. Compound microscopes use a compound optical system with an objective lens and an eyepiece. Stereo microscopes show object depth in a three-dimensional image. Digital microscopes are used to display an image on a monitor, rather than looking through a lens. Microscopes can have monocular (one), binocular (two), or trinocular (three) eyepieces, with varying magnification abilities. Magnification ability refers to the size of an image. Resolution, also known as resolvant power, refers to the clarity of the image. The interaction between field of view (FOV), numerical aperture (NA), and working distance (WD) determines resolution. Microscopes can control magnification through a fixed focus, or through a range of adjustments. They can also utilize LED, fluorescent, and mirror light sources to help control viewing capabilities. Microscopes are widely used in education, lab research, biology, metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, manufacturing, and in the medical, forensic science, and veterinary industries.
United Scope manufactures microscopy equipment and accessories under the brand name AmScope. The company, founded in 1996, is headquartered in Irvine, CA.
What's in the Box?
- AmScope M150C microscope with plain stage
- WF10x eyepiece
- WF25x eyepiece
- 4x DIN achromatic objective
- 10x DIN achromatic objective
- 40x DIN achromatic objective
- (2) Stage clips
- Set of 25 prepared slides
- The World of the Microscope book
- Dust cover
- 110V power adapter
- Compound microscope provides high magnification for biological use and educational applications
- Monocular viewing head with interchangeable 10x widefield and 25x widefield eyepieces, fixed 45-degree vertical inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, and 360-degree rotation capability to provide a more comprehensive view and enable sharing
- Forward-facing nosepiece with 4x, 10x, and 40x DIN achromatic full-glass objectives that provide high-resolution color-corrected images
- Brightfield, LED illumination, a 0.65 NA single-lens condenser with disc diaphragm, and coaxial coarse and fine focus for sharp images
- Includes plain stage with stage clips, a set of 25 prepared slides, and The World of the Microscope book