AmScope B100A-MS Compound Binocular Microscope, 40X-1600X Magnific...
AmScope B100A-MS Compound Binocular Microscope, 40X-1600X Magnification, Brightfield, Tungsten Illumination, Abbe Condenser, Mechanical Stage
The AmScope B100A-MS compound binocular microscope has pairs of 10x and 16x widefield eyepieces, a forward-facing nosepiece with four DIN achromatic objectives, Brightfield (BF) illumination from a 20W tungsten bulb, a 1.25 NA Abbe condenser, and a mechanical stage.The binocular viewing head has interchangeable pairs of 10x and 16x widefield eyepieces on a sliding head to adjust inter-pupillary distance, a fixed 45-degree vertical inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, and a 360-degree rotation capability to provide a more comprehensive view and enable sharing. The sliding head has an adjustable inter-pupillary distance of 55 to 75mm. The forward-facing nosepiece has 4x, 10x, 40xR, and 100x (oil) DIN achromatic objectives that combine with the eyepieces to provide color correction of magnified images at eight magnifications. The 40xR objective is spring loaded to prevent slide damage when focusing. The 100x oil objective provides increased resolution over a standard objective. A compound microscope is used for inspection and dissection of specimens when two-dimensional images are desired.
The microscope has lower (diascopic) Brightfield illumination that transmits light up through the specimen for enhanced visibility of translucent and transparent objects. Brightfield (BF) illumination allows the specimen to absorb light, resulting in a dark image on a light background. Tungsten (incandescent) illumination provides bright light. The 1.25 NA Abbe condenser can be adjusted to control the distance of the light from the stage and has an iris diaphragm to optimize the amount of light illuminating the specimen. The mechanical stage locks the slide into place and provides precise slide manipulation along the X- and Y-axis. Separate coarse and fine focus knobs speed focusing. The enamel-coated cast-steel body is durable and resistant to stains and corrosion.
|Eyepieces||WF 10x, WF 16x|
|Objectives||4X, 10x, 40xR, 100x (oil)|
|Lighting configuration||Transmitted (bottom)|
|Condenser||1.25 NA Abbe|
|Light source||20W Tungsten|
Microscopes are instruments used to enhance the resolution of an object or image. Types include compound, stereo, or digital. Compound microscopes use a compound optical system with an objective lens and an eyepiece. Stereo microscopes show object depth in a three-dimensional image. Digital microscopes are used to display an image on a monitor, rather than looking through a lens. Microscopes can have monocular (one), binocular (two), or trinocular (three) eyepieces, with varying magnification abilities. Magnification ability refers to the size of an image. Resolution, also known as resolvant power, refers to the clarity of the image. The interaction between field of view (FOV), numerical aperture (NA), and working distance (WD) determines resolution. Microscopes can control magnification through a fixed focus, or through a range of adjustments. They can also utilize LED, fluorescent, and mirror light sources to help control viewing capabilities. Microscopes are widely used in education, lab research, biology, metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, manufacturing, and in the medical, forensic science, and veterinary industries.
United Scope manufactures microscopy equipment and accessories under the brand name AmScope. The company, founded in 1996, is headquartered in Irvine, CA.
What's in the Box?
- B100A microscope with mechanical stage
- (4) DIN Standard Objectives; 4x, 10x, 40xR, and 100x (oil)
- 10x widefield eyepieces, one pair
- 16x widefield eyepieces, one pair
- (2) Color filters, green and blue
- Dust cover
- One replacement bulb
- Immersion oil, one bottle
- Compound microscope provides high magnification for biological use and educational applications
- Binocular viewing head with pairs of 10x and 16x widefield eyepieces and sliding head to adjust inter-pupillary distance, fixed 45-degree vertical inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, and 360-degree rotation capability to provide a more comprehensive view and enable sharing
- Forward-facing nosepiece with 4x, 10x, 40xR, and 100x (oil) DIN achromatic objectives that provide color correction of magnified images at eight magnifications
- Brightfield, tungsten illumination, and 1.25 NA Abbe condenser with iris diaphragm for clear examination and light control
- Mechanical stage locks slide into place and provides precise slide manipulation along the X- and Y-axis