Abilitations Weighted Pencil - 5 Weights - 12 Pencils - 10 O Rings
Abilitations pencil set helps improve fine motor and handwriting skills, with metal weights that can be attached to pencils to enhance proprioceptive feedback to the hand, and enable greater control. The weight is held in place by an o-ring, and can be positioned anywhere along the pencil to vary sensation, or gripped on its flat sides to encourage proper finger placement. The set includes 5 weights, 12 #2 pencils, and 10 o-rings for hands-on learning, and has an activity guide with suggestions for use. The set may be suitable for some children on the autism spectrum, individuals with dyspraxia, poor fine-motor control, and/or poor proprioception, and special needs learning environments.
Special needs products are designed to help improve sensory processing, positioning and mobility, fine motor, and language and communication skills for students with learning challenges. Fine motor products can help individuals improve fine motor skills (hand dexterity), eye-hand coordination, handwriting, self-help skills, such as dressing, and focus and concentration.
School Specialty provides instructional materials and supplies under dozens of brands, among them Abilitations, Think Math, Delta Education, Frey Scientific, Childcraft, School Smart, and Speech Bin. The company, founded in 1959, is headquartered in Greenville, WI.
What’s in the Box?
- (5) weights
- (12) #2 pencils
- (10) o-rings
- Pencil set helps improve fine motor and handwriting skills
- Metal weights for enhancing proprioceptive feedback to hand and enabling greater control
- Can be positioned anywhere along pencil for varying sensation, or gripped on flat sides for encouraging proper finger placement
- O-rings for holding weights in place
- Set of five weights with 12 #2 pencils and 10 O-rings for hands-on learning