AmScope B100-CM Compound Binocular Microscope, 40x-1000x Magnifica...
AmScope B100-CM Compound Binocular Microscope, 40x-1000x Magnification, Brightfield, Tungsten Illumination, Abbe Condenser, Plain Stage, Includes Complete Book of the Microscope
The AmScope B100-CM compound binocular microscope has a pair of 10x widefield eyepieces, a forward-facing nosepiece with four DIN achromatic objectives, Brightfield (BF) illumination from a 20W tungsten bulb, a 1.25 NA Abbe condenser, and a fixed stage. The binocular viewing head has a pair of 10x widefield eyepieces and sliding head to adjust inter-pupillary distance, a fixed 45-degree vertical inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, and a 360-degree rotation capability to provide a more comprehensive view and enable sharing. The sliding head has an adjustable inter-pupillary distance of 55 to 75mm. The forward-facing nosepiece has 4x, 10x, 40xR, and 100x (oil) DIN achromatic objectives that provide color correction of magnified images. The 40xR objective is spring loaded to prevent slide damage when focusing. The 100x oil objective provides increased resolution over a standard objective. A compound microscope is used for inspection and dissection of specimens when two-dimensional images are desired.
The microscope has lower (diascopic) Brightfield illumination that transmits light up through the specimen for enhanced visibility of translucent and transparent objects. Brightfield (BF) illumination allows the specimen to absorb light, resulting in a dark image on a light background. Tungsten (incandescent) illumination provides bright light. The 1.25 NA Abbe condenser can be adjusted to control the distance of the light from the stage and has an iris diaphragm to optimize the amount of light illuminating the specimen. The plain stage has an opening for light transmission, and stage clips to secure the slide or specimen in place while viewing. Separate coarse and fine focus knobs speed focusing. The enamel-coated cast-steel body is durable and resistant to stains and corrosion. The microscope includes The Usborne Complete Book of the Microscope.
|4X, 10x, 40xR, 100x (oil)
|Plain stage with clips
|1.25 NA Abbe
Microscopes are instruments used to enhance the resolution of an object or image. Types include compound, stereo, or digital. Compound microscopes use a compound optical system with an objective lens and an eyepiece. Stereo microscopes show object depth in a three-dimensional image. Digital microscopes are used to display an image on a monitor, rather than looking through a lens. Microscopes can have monocular (one), binocular (two), or trinocular (three) eyepieces, with varying magnification abilities. Magnification ability refers to the size of an image. Resolution, also known as resolvant power, refers to the clarity of the image. The interaction between field of view (FOV), numerical aperture (NA), and working distance (WD) determines resolution. Microscopes can control magnification through a fixed focus, or through a range of adjustments. They can also utilize LED, fluorescent, and mirror light sources to help control viewing capabilities. Microscopes are widely used in education, lab research, biology, metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, manufacturing, and in the medical, forensic science, and veterinary industries.
United Scope manufactures microscopy equipment and accessories under the brand name AmScope. The company, founded in 1996, is headquartered in Irvine, CA.
What's in the Box?
- B100 microscope with plain stage
- (4) DIN Standard Objectives; 4x, 10x, 40xR, and 100x (oil)
- 10x widefield eyepieces, one pair
- (2) Color filters, green and blue
- Dust cover
- One replacement bulb
- Immersion oil, one bottle
- The Usborne Complete Book of the Microscope
- Compound microscope provides high magnification for biological use and educational applications
- Binocular viewing head with pair of 10x widefield eyepieces and sliding head to adjust inter-pupillary distance, fixed 45-degree vertical inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, and 360-degree rotation capability to provide a more comprehensive view and enable sharing
- Forward-facing nosepiece with 4x, 10x, 40xR, and 100x (oil) DIN achromatic objectives that provide color correction of magnified images
- Brightfield, tungsten illumination, and 1.25 NA Abbe condenser with iris diaphragm for clear examination and light control
- Includes plain stage and The Usborne Complete Book of the Microscope