Outsidepride Black Mustard Plant Seeds - 5000 Seeds
Click Image for Gallery
Outsidepride Black Mustard Plant Seeds - 5000 SeedsBlack Mustard (Brassica nigra) - Black mustard is an annual, weedy plant cultivated for its seeds, which are commonly used as a spice. The spice is generally made from ground seeds of the plant, with the seed coats removed. The small mustard seeds are hard and vary in color from dark brown to black. They are flavorful, although they have almost no aroma. The seeds are commonly used in Indian cuisine. The plant itself can grow from two to six feet tall, with racemes of small yellow flowers. These flowers are usually up to 1/3" across, with four petals each. The leaves are covered in small hairs; they can wilt on hot days, but recover at night. This plant often occurs in full or partial sun, fertile soil, and mesic conditions. On less fertile ground, it is smaller in size.
- Plant black mustard seeds directly in your herb garden in USDA zones 4 - 7 for an annual herb used for culinary spices in cooking.
- Brassica nigra, can grow up to 72 inches tall and produces a yellow flower.
- These heirloom, non gmo annual herb seeds are used for spice generally made from ground seeds of the plant with the seed coats removed.
- The seeds are flavorful although they have almost no aroma. The seeds are commonly used in Indian cuisine.
- Plant 5,000 seeds for every 600 square feet of herb garden you are planting outdoors.