AMSCOPE-KIDS SE100ZZ-LED Portable Binocular Stereo Microscope, WF1...
The AmScope SE100ZZ-LED elementary stereo microscope has interchangeable pairs of 10x18mm and 25x9mm widefield eyepiece, a 2x objective, LED lighting, and a reversible black and white stage plate. The binocular viewing head has an interpupillary range of 55 to 75mm and a fixed upright inclination to simplify viewing for young users. The interchangeable pairs of WF10x18mm and WF25x9mm eyepieces combine with the 2x objective to provide 20X or 50x magnification and a longer working distance for inspecting large-scale specimens that require handling or repair. A stereo microscope, sometimes called an inspection or dissection microscope, has low magnification and a long working distance that enables users to manipulate the object being inspected.
Upper (episcopic) 1W LED light reflects light off the specimen. An LED light source provides bright, cool light for working with temperature-sensitive or live specimens. The light is powered by two AA batteries (included), enabling the microscope to be used away from wired power sources. Bilateral coarse focus eases use for left- and right-handed users. The stage has a reversible black and white stage plate that provides contrast with light- and dark-colored specimens, and stage clips that secure the specimen during viewing. The microscope has a 2-3/4" (70mm) working distance. All metal construction is durable and stain-resistant.
|Eyepieces (DIN, 23mm)||WF10x18mm, WF25x9mm|
|Working distance||2-3/4" (70mm)|
|Microscope stand||Track-controlled table stand|
|Stage plate||Reversible black/white|
|Illumination type||Reflected upper|
|Light source||LED, 1W|
|Power||2 AA batteries|
Microscopes are instruments used to enhance the resolution of an object or image. Types include compound, stereo, or digital. Compound microscopes use a compound optical system with an objective lens and an eyepiece. Stereo microscopes show object depth in a three-dimensional image. Digital microscopes are used to display an image on a monitor, rather than looking through a lens. Microscopes can have monocular (one), binocular (two), or trinocular (three) eyepieces, with varying magnification abilities. Magnification ability refers to the size of an image. Resolution, also known as resolvant power, refers to the clarity of the image. The interaction between field of view (FOV), numerical aperture (NA), and working distance (WD) determines resolution. Microscopes can control magnification through a fixed focus, or through a range of adjustments. They can also utilize LED, fluorescent, and mirror light sources to help control viewing capabilities. Microscopes are widely used in education, lab research, biology, metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, manufacturing, and in the medical, forensic science, and veterinary industries.
United Scope manufactures microscopy equipment and accessories under the brand name AmScope. The company, founded in 1996, is headquartered in Irvine, CA.
What's in the Box?
- AmScope SE100ZZ-LED stereo microscope
- WF10x18mm eyepieces, 23mm, one pair
- WF25x9mm eyepieces, 23mm, one pair
- Black/white stage plate
- Tungsten bulb, 3W
- (2) Stage clips
- (2) AA batteries
- Dust cover
- Instructions (by download)
- Elementary stereo microscope for home or classroom use enables students and hobbyists to inspect biological specimens, rocks, stamps, jewelry, and large specimens that require handing or manipulation
- Binocular viewing head with interchangeable pairs of 10x and 25x widefield eyepieces, adjustable interpupillary distance, and fixed vertical inclination to simplify viewing for young users
- 2x objective provides low magnification and longer focal length for inspecting large-scale specimens
- Reflected upper illumination has battery-powered 1W LED light source to illuminate specimens from above
- Reversible black and white stage plate provides contrast with light- and dark-colored specimens, and stage clips secure the specimen