Vitabase Krill Oil
Click Image for Gallery
- Delivers a potent 500 mg of purified krill oil in every easy-to-absorb softgel capsule.
- Provides rich source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Contains high amounts of astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant.
- Does not contain the aftertaste associated with fish oil.
- Research shows that the consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
Krill oil comes from small shrimp-like crustaceans that live in the colder regions of the ocean, such as the Antarctic. Krill oil is similar to fish oil in that it is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids (DHA and EPA). In addition to Omega-3, krill oil also contains a powerful antioxidant called astaxanthin that comes from the algae these crustaceans eat. In fact, studies have shown that krill oil has a much higher antioxidant (ORAC) value than fish oil.
Studies of krill oil are fairly limited, but at least one study of 120 people showed that krill oil was much more effective than fish oil at balancing cholesterol levels. One study in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition concluded that krill oil was helpful for reducing inflammation and arthritis symptoms. Other studies seem to support cardiovascular health, improved brain health, and antiaging benefits.
Though studies have been done, more study is necessary before specific health benefits can be determined. That being said, supportive but inconclusive research shows that the consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
Item No SV13892