Seed Needs, Black Eyed Susan Vine Mix Thunbergia alata Twin Pack...
Click Image for Gallery
Seed Needs, Black Eyed Susan Vine Mix (Thunbergia alata) Twin Pack of 100 Seeds EachGrow Thunbergia seeds for this incredible climber! Commonly called Black-Eyed Susan vine, this tender perennial is evergreen in zones 10 and warmer, and where it is grown as a perennial, it can reach heights of 20 feet. In cooler areas where there are winter frosts, grow Thunbergia vine as an annual, sowing the Thunbergia seeds each spring. This vine brightly displays 1 1/2 inch flowers in multicolor blooms of yellow, white and orange. The simple blooms have 5 petals and surround a brownish purple center. The lush foliage and profuse blooming make this a rewarding plant to grow in any summer landscape.
- Quality Thunbergia seeds packaged by Seed Needs. This packet measures 3.25" wide by 4.50" tall and come with a full colored illustration on the front side, as well as detailed sowing instructions on the reverse.
- Provide moist, well-drained soil in full sun with some afternoon shade. The Black Eyed Susan vine needs regular watering throughout the summer. Plant seedlings 3 inches away from supports.
- Space plants 8 - 12 inches apart. Pinch the tips of young Black-Eyed Susan plants to encourage branching. If grown in a container, Thunbergia can be wintered indoors in a bright, sunny window.
- It is recommended to soak the Thunbergia seeds over night in tepid water. Following the soaking, sow Black-eyed Susan vine seeds outdoors after the last frost in prepared seed bed. Or, to get a jump start on the growing season, sow Thunbergia Alata seeds indoors 6 - 8 weeks before outdoor planting. Thunbergia flower seeds germinate better in darkness.
- All Thunbergia seeds sold by Seed Needs are Non-GMO based seed products and are intended for the current, and the following growing season. All seeds are produced from open pollinated plants, stored in a temperature controlled facility and constantly moved out due to popularity.