Outsidepride Tropaeolum Nasturtium Black Velvet Vine & Plant Flowe...
Click Image for Gallery
Outsidepride Tropaeolum Nasturtium Black Velvet Vine & Plant Flower Seeds - 200 SeedsNasturtium (Tropaeolum nanum Tom Thumb Black Velvet) - Brilliant, mahogany brown colored 2 inch blooms shine out from mounding green foliage. What a beautiful display grown from seeds. These mounding Black Velvet Nasturtiums only grow 12 - 16 inches tall. Hummingbirds will visit the beautiful plants often. Nasturtiums like a full sun place in the garden in cooler climates. For the hottest regions, afternoon shade is preferable to the plants. Tropaeolum plants will grow anywhere as an annual, but they will only survive as a perennial in frost-free zones. Care is simple: no fertilizing is required and follow a regular watering schedule giving the plant a chance to dry out in-between irrigations. Before sowing seeds, soak the seeds overnight in warm water. The next day, plant the flower seeds 1/2 inch deep in soil that is weed-free and worked fine and light.
- Nasturtiums are an annual vining plant growing in USDA Zones 3 - 10
- They have a wide variety of uses including beds, containers, window boxes, trellises, etc.
- Nasturtiums grow best in full sun
- This Black Velvet variety grows 12 - 16 inches in height
- Sow 1 - 2 seeds per plant 1/2 inch deep