Outsidepride Nasturtium Flower Seed Mix - 1 LB
Click Image for Gallery
Outsidepride Nasturtium Flower Seed Mix - 1 LBTropaeolum majus is commonly referred to as Nasturtium. This mix, Jewel Mix, has 2 - 3 inch, blooms that range in color from red to orange to yellow. The grayish green leaves are rounded or kidney-shaped and can be 2 - 5 inches across. It's a spectacular sight climbing up an arbor or trellis! Nasturtium is not picky; it will climb anything close by even fences, out buildings or tall shrubs! Nasturtium will flower in 8 - 12 weeks after starter the seeds. It will grow quickly and have blooms from summer through fall. Nasturtium seed is large and it has a hard seed coat. It requires a 24 hour soak in water or to file the seed gently to break the coat open. Nasturtium does not always transplant well, so many gardeners start the seed directly outdoors in spring. Prepare a seedbed by loosening and weeding the soil. Keep seed moist until germination. With a temperature of 68F, germination normally occurs within 10 days. Space the plants 8 - 12 inches apart. Grow in full sun and in well-drained soil. Nasturtium is usually resistant to deer.
- This nasturtium seed mix grows as an annual vining, flowering plant in USDA zones 3 - 10
- Nasturtiums, also known as Tropaeolum Majus, bloom profusely all summer long and are considered deer resistant.
- This seed mix will products 2 to 3 inch wide unique flowers in wonderful shades of red, yellow, and orange.
- These climbing, vining plants will reach a mature height of 18 inches and spread approximately 12 inches wide.
- Sow 1 to 2 seeds per plant or 3 to 4 pounds per 1,000 square feet for a dense display of these trailing annual heirloom flowers.