Outsidepride Black Cardamom Plant Seed - 100 Seeds
Click Image for Gallery
Outsidepride Black Cardamom Plant Seed - 100 SeedsAmomum subulatum, or Black Cardamom, is a perennial in frost-free zones. The plant produces pods that contain dark colored seeds. The pods are harvested just before maturity, and the seed is best to be kept in the pods as it can lose its flavor quickly. Cardomom is a unique herb and it is used in many different dishes, from desserts, to meats, to flavor coffee. Start the seed indoors. Press the seed into soil; cover it with ¼ - ½ inch of soil and keep the seed moist. Cardamom seed needs both cold temperatures and warm temperatures to germinate. Keep the seed at 75F or warmer for 4 weeks and at 36F for 2 - 3 weeks. Germination can take up to 8 weeks. Transplant the young plant outdoors after danger of frost has passed. Cardamom prefers a position in full sun to partial shade and rich soil. Space the plant 36 - 60 inches apart.
- Black Cardamom (Amomum subulatum) grows as a perennial in USDA Zones: 9 - 10 and thrives in full sun to light shade.
- Cardamom reaches 60 inches in height and has yellow-white blooms in early to mid summer. This herb was used in Chinese medicine to treat stomach ailments and malaria.
- This plant is perfect for any herb garden and is often used in the culinary world as a spice in breads and pastries and to flavor coffees and teas.
- Sow these heirloom seeds at 2 - 3 seeds per plant in well-drained soil and keep moist until germination occurs in 42 - 80 days.
- Our seeds are always Non-GMO and packaged for the current year.