Aquatic Experts Bio Balls Filter Media with Mesh Bag - 300 Count -...
Aquatic Experts Bio Balls Filter Media with Mesh Bag - 300 Count - 1.5 Inch Large Bio Ball for Pond Filter with Mesh Bag - Perfect Bio Balls for Pond Filter Media - Made in The USA
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - Aquatic Experts Bio Balls with Mesh Bag
QUESTION: How easy is it to clean the bio balls?
ANSWER: Typically you do not need to clean bio balls since most filters use a prefilter pad to remove most of the debris before water flows to the bio balls. In an
outside pond, bio balls may require cleaning. In this case it is best to take a bucket of water from your pond, and swish the balls around in this water to preserve
the good bacteria attached to the surface of the bio balls.
QUESTION: How long should the bio balls last?
ANSWER: Our Bio balls are made from high density plastic so they should never degrade or wear out.
QUESTION: I have a 1,000 gallon water garden pond. How many bio balls do I need?
ANSWER: Typically, our 300 pack of bio balls will handle the bio-load of a typical stocked 1,000 gallon pond. With this said there are variables which effect how heavy a bio-load
is in a pond including: how many fish, their size, how often they are fed, and so on. The only way to know if you have enough bio balls is to test your water for
ammonia or nitrites. If you detect ammonia or nitrite levels in your pond water (not caused from overfeeding or a dead fish) add more bio balls.
QUESTION: Does your mesh bag have a metal or plastic zipper?
ANSWER: Our mesh bag has a fish-safe plastic zipper.
- OUTSTANDING FILTRATION! Each bio ball is covered in spines to dramatically increase the surface area of each ball to nearly 2 square feet providing space for a massive number of beneficial bacteria to colonize. These good bacteria break down harmful waste keeping your aquatic friends safe. You will receive approximately 300 1-1/2-inch bioballs in a ready to use black mesh zippered bag. Just rinse and use.
- TOUGH AND UNIQUE! Our bio balls' spherical shape and precise spine placement permits them to pack tightly into any shape or filter type without losing surface area. Molded from high density plastic, these balls are lightweight but tough enough to keep their shape and will never degrade or wear out. Bio balls can be used loose or in the mesh bag with plastic zipper in which they are packaged.
- TRUSTED POND MEDIA! Our Bio balls are 100% polypropylene making them a safe reliable bio filter media for fresh and saltwater. They are manufactured for use in koi and water garden ponds, freshwater fish tanks, saltwater aquariums, aquaponics, fish hatcheries and much more.
- SUPERIOR TO LAVA ROCK: Over time, porous lava rock becomes clogged with debris decreasing its surface area so that its ability to house and grow good beneficial bacteria plummets. Our pond bio balls' uniquely spaced spines allow most debris to pass right through them. Lava rock has tiny pores which make it difficult to clean while bio balls in most applications never need cleaning. A bag of wet lava rock is many times heavier than our pond balls.
- EASY TO CLEAN - When organic waste builds up in the bioballs, they can be gently rinsed in dechlorinated wate to remove debris and refresh the bioballs. Use our FilterFIrst, dual density bonded filter pad, or water polishing pad to capture large particles before they can be trapped in the bioballs.