AmScope SW-2B24 Binocular Microscope, WH10x Eyepieces, 20X and 40X...
The AmScope SW2B24 binocular stereo microscope head has a 2x/4x objective and a pair of 10x20mm widefield high-eyepoint eyepieces. The microscope head has a 3" O-ring style mounting ring. The binocular viewing head has an interpupillary range of 47 to 75mm, a 45-degree inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, and 360-degree rotation to enable sharing. The WF10x20mm super-widefield high-eyepoint eyepieces combine with the 2x/4x objective to provide 20x and 40x magnification, and a longer working distance for inspecting large-scale specimens that require handling or repair. High-eyepoint eyepieces ease viewing for users who wear glasses, dioptric adjustment accommodates individual eye-strength differences, and eye guards ensure comfortable viewing. The optical glass lenses provide sharp images, and are fully-coated to ensure high-resolution images. A stereo microscope, sometimes called an inspection or dissection microscope, has low magnification and a long working distance that enables users to manipulate the object being inspected.
The microscope has rheostat-controlled upper (episcopic) illumination that reflects light off the specimen for enhanced visibility of opaque specimens, and lower (diascopic) illumination that transmits light up through the specimen for enhanced visibility of translucent and transparent objects. A rheostat controls light intensity. A frosted stage plate allows light to pass through from below with transparent specimens, a reversible black and white stage plate provides contrast with light- and dark-colored specimens, and stage clips secure the specimen during viewing. The 15W halogen light source provides bright light in a concentrated path. The pillar-style stand has bilateral coarse focus to ease use for left- and right-handed users. All metal construction is durable and the enamel finish is stain-resistant.
|Optical working distance||Up to 4"|
|Field of view||0.787" at 10x|
|Illumination type||Episcopic (reflected) and diascopic (transmitted)|
|Light source||Halogen, 15W|
Microscopes are instruments used to enhance the resolution of an object or image. Types include compound, stereo, or digital. Compound microscopes use a compound optical system with an objective lens and an eyepiece. Stereo microscopes show object depth in a three-dimensional image. Digital microscopes are used to display an image on a monitor, rather than looking through a lens. Microscopes can have monocular (one), binocular (two), or trinocular (three) eyepieces, with varying magnification abilities. Magnification ability refers to the size of an image. Resolution, also known as resolvant power, refers to the clarity of the image. The interaction between field of view (FOV), numerical aperture (NA), and working distance (WD) determines resolution. Microscopes can control magnification through a fixed focus, or through a range of adjustments. They can also utilize LED, fluorescent, and mirror light sources to help control viewing capabilities. Microscopes are widely used in education, lab research, biology, metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, manufacturing, and in the medical, forensic science, and veterinary industries.
United Scope manufactures microscopy equipment and accessories under the brand name AmScope. The company, founded in 1996, is headquartered in Irvine, CA.
What's in the Box?
- Binocular stereo zoom head with 2x/4x objective
- WH10x eyepieces, one pair
- Dual-illumination pillar stand with focus rack
- Stage clips, one pair
- Eye guards, one pair
- Stereo microscope for home or classroom use enables students and hobbyists to inspect biological specimens, rocks, stamps, jewelry, and large specimens that require handling or manipulation
- Binocular viewing head with pair of 10x super-widefield high-eyepoint eyepieces, adjustable interpupillary distance, and 45-degree inclination to simplify viewing for young users
- 2x/4x objective provides low magnification and longer focal length for inspecting large-scale specimens
- Rheostat-controlled upper and lower illumination has 15W halogen light source to illuminate specimens, frosted stage plate allows light to pass through from below with transparent specimens, and reversible black and white stage plate provides contrast with light- and dark-colored specimens
- Pillar-style table stand with bilateral coarse focus and stage clips to secure the specimen during viewing