10 Bulbs-Rare Blue Lily Flowers Bulbs - Perennial Stunning Flowers...
Click Image for Gallery
10 Bulbs-Rare Blue Lily Flowers Bulbs - Perennial Stunning Flowers Plant Potted, Garden Lawn Home Balcony Decor, Bloom Charming
- Lilies make wonderful cut flowers. However, avoid cutting off more than a third of the stem, which can reduce the plant¡¯s vigor and longevity.
- Gray mold is sometimes a problem, especially in a wet, cool spring or summer. Make sure lilies are not crowded and have plenty of air circulation.Keep lilies mulched so that their roots are cool.
- Apply a high-potassium liquid fertilizer every 2 weeks from planting until 6 weeks after flowering.Apply a thin layer of compost each spring, followed by a 2-inch layer of mulch.
- Select a site with soil that drains well. How can you tell? After a good rain, find a spot that is the first to dry out. Water trapped beneath the overlapping scales on the lily bulb may cause rot, so a well-drained site is essential.
- Lilies need lots of sun. For dependable blooms, lilies need 6 to 8 hours of direct sunlight a day. If it¡¯s too shady, the stems will attempt to lean towards the sun or get spindly and fall over.