Organic Blue Oyster Mushroom Growing Kit
Click Image for Gallery
Certified Organic: Pleutotus oysteratus Mushroom Spawn Used as Seed for These Kits Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International (QAI). Mushroom logs produced through methods that integrate cultural, biological, and mechanical practices that foster cycling of resources, promote ecological balance, and conserve biodiversity. All Components of our Mushroom Growing Kits are Recyclable as are all materials used to pack & ship the kits. The Mushroom Kit allows you to grow some of the mushrooms used by the finest chefs in the world easily and quickly almost anywhere in your own home or office. The Mushroom Kit takes only a 9" by 9" space for growing mushrooms, requires no more care nor knowledge than a common tropical plant and comes with complete instructions and materials to maintain the correct environmental conditions around your log. Mushroom Logs may be used for growing mushrooms on a coffee table, counter, or desk - they will produce mushrooms virtually anywhere room temperature (65 to 73 F) is maintained! Now you have the opportunity not only to enjoy watching these exotic mushrooms grow but also to enjoy eating the freshest mushrooms possible. Each kit can produce around a pound of mushrooms in 2 to 4 crops (mushroom flushes). Oyster mushrooms need plenty of fresh air to develop normally. High carbon dioxide levels from mushroom metabolism will accumulate in sealed growing environments and can reduce cap size and elongate stems severely. The total number of mushrooms you can expect to get on each log may vary from log to log, and depend on your care of the log and the environmental conditions in your home.
- Fun for children, families, foodies & chefs; makes a great gift!
- All you need is water. Arrives ready to produce mushrooms and includes everything needed for home mushroom growing
- Photos on left: Main: Blue Oyster ready to harvest. Middle: Mushrooms 2 days after they start. Bottom: Mushrooms 3 days after they start.
- First crop of mushroooms in as little as 7-10 days.
- Grow mushrooms indoors at room temperature on a coffee table, counter, or desk.