An Interest-based Mediation... - A Narrated Mediator-training Vide...
Click Image for Gallery
An Interest-based Mediation... - A Narrated Mediator-training Video - Package 1This package contains the DVD, "AN INTEREST-BASED MEDIATION: FROM WORKPLACE DISPUTE AND DISCHARGE TO ACCOMMODATION AND AGREEMENT - A NARRATED MEDIATOR-TRAINING VIDEO" (92 min).
Produced by Melinda J. Branscomb, Associate Professor, Seattle University School of Law, and
Sue Ann Allen, Training Director, Dispute Resolution Center of King County (2010).
ABOUT "AN INTEREST-BASED MEDIATION ... - A NARRATED MEDIATOR-TRAINING VIDEO" (www.MediationTrainingResources.com)
This mediator-training film includes 73-minutes of a mediation session, edited and narrated to explain and demonstrate the progressive stages of a problem-solving, facilitative mediation process. The film also includes insightful supplemental interviews (19 min.) of the mediator and parties before the mediation regarding their skepticism and concerns, and after the mediation regarding their reactions to the process. Because the video demonstrates a variety of skilled interventions -- techniques designed to make forward movement, break impasse, and help conflicted parties reach resolution --it is an excellent learning tool for novices and experienced mediators alike.
Since there is a wide range of approaches to mediation, An Interest-based Mediation provides for animated conversation and healthy disagreement in classes and workshops. It is an excellent teaching resource for courses in mediation and for mediation training programs.
As a mediation training tool, An Interest-Based Mediation ...
* Explains and demonstrates the interest-based model
* Demonstrates effective interventions in emotional conflict settings
* Explains and demonstrates each segment of a primarily open-session facilitated mediation, including appropriate caucuses
* Highlights interest-based mediation's potential to empower parties to advocate for themselves and heal damaged relationships
* Portrays segments of a full mediation facilitated by a professional mediator
* Provides chapter menus with corresponding times, enabling the teacher to select scenes to fit the time available, to show any chapter at any time, or to return to chapters when students raise questions about the process
* Consists of 73 minutes of a narrated mediation session and 19 minutes of supplemental interviews - long enough to provide in-depth training but short enough to be used in a workshop or class
Also available to supplement the DVD are
* a TEACHER'S AND TRAINER'S MANUAL
* a TRAINEE AND STUDENT HANDBOOK
* an interactive mediator-training DVD
* a full-length, unedited 3-hour mediation session DVD
This realistic simulation involves a dispute regarding an allegedly-discriminatory discharge of a former manager who has multiple sclerosis (MS). It is based on an actual conflict, though the names, details, and type of workplace are fictional.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND FURTHER DESCRIPTIONS of this film, the Teacher's Manual, Student Handbook, mediation scenario, and additional training DVDs mentioned above, visit
DISCOUNTS up to 22% for NONPROFITS & TEACHERS- contact SAAllen@kcdrc.org with name and type of organization.
When sold by Amazon.com, this product will be manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media. Amazon.com's standard return policy will apply.