100 seeds Golden Barrel Cactus Echinocactus grusonii
Click Image for Gallery
- This golden-spined beauty will steal the show in your desert landscape or cactus collection!
- Although flowers of golden barrel are amazing, the loveliness of the golden barrel persists year-round, rooted in an amazing harmony of color, form and spine arrangement. Plants flower when they're around 12 years old or 12 inches in diameter.
- Flowers have golden, pointed-tip petals and form in a ring around the crown of the plant.
- Native to Central Mexico, golden barrels can be grown outdoors in USDA plant hardiness zones 9 through 11.
- Older plants can tolerate full sun but also grow well in partial shade. Younger plants should be grown in partial shade to prevent sunburn. You can grow them in containers even in colder climates--just bring them indoors when freezing weather approaches.